For AMI BIOS
- Rename the desired AMI BIOS file to AMIBOOT.ROM and save it on a floppy disk. e.g. Rename A569MS23.ROM to AMIBOOT.ROM
- Insert this floppy disk in the floppy drive. Turn On the system and press and hold Ctrl-Home to force update. It will read the AMIBOOT.ROM file and recover the BIOS from the A drive.
- When 4 beeps are heard you may remove the floppy disk and restart the computer.
For Award BIOS
- Make a bootable floopy disk
- Copy the Award flash utility & BIOS file to the said floppy disk
- Create an autoexec.bat with «Award_Flash_Utility BiosFilename» in the content (e.g. awdfl823K w6378vms.130)
Sample on how to create an autoexec:
a. On Windows, open the notepad
b. On the notepad, write «awdfl823K w6378vms.130″ (without the » «)
c. Save the file as autoexec.bat
- Boot up system with the said floppy (it will take less than 2 minutes before screen comes out)
- Re-flash the BIOS & reboot.